Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tremendous Tuesday:

Do you all like the quilt kit I am gifting on October 28? I bought dmc embroidery thread this weekend and I plan to start embroidery blocks for the Christmas table runner. I am looking for quick but useful Christmas gift ideas. If you have any please send them my way.

Let me tell you I have a wonderful sister. She visits a local free cycle site and she found someone who has a fabric giveway and she emailed this person to obtain it for me. Now who could possibly ask for a better sister...

I have numerous quilting magazines and I would like to downsize my stash so if you email me your address I will send a few out to you. I am asking nothing of you , only to use the magazines in good health.

With the holidays coming soon I thought I would share this poem with everyone, hopefully it is a gentle reminder of the gifts we can all give on a daily basis.

It's not the things that can be bought
That are life's richest treasure.
It's just the little "heart gifts"
That money cannot measure...

A cheerful smile, a friendly word:
A sympathetic nod
Are pricless little treasures
From the storehouse of our God.

They are the pricleess things in life
For which no one can pay,
And the giver finds rich recompense
In giving them away.
Helen Steiner Rice

I have a wonderful friend who has no wishes for anything. I went to Barnes and Noble and bought a leather binder with 8.5 x11 plastic protectors and typed up numerous sayings that I have stored and many that she gave to me and put them in the binder for her. The gift seemed so unworthy of such a wonderful person, but she truly enjoyed the gift. So...a gift idea for the person that would enjoy reading poems and sayings.

No comments:

Post a Comment