Sunday, October 23, 2011

I read a book Heaven is for REAL by Todd Burpo. The book is a  family's story of a child who visits heaven and tells of what he see and feels during this experiene.. A must read!!!! The story affirms how important faith is in our lives and the lives of children. Too many times children are negatively impacted by the circumstances of their life, illness, poverty, and neglect. After reading this story it rejuvenated me to make and donate what I hope to be 50  lap quilts for children and adults that need extra TLC.

 I am working feverishly to donate to a local primary care offices.  If you can help me with a lap quilt, to give some TLC to someone we don't know but can use some TLC.  Everyone needs love, and kindness this holiday season let's all not forget those around us that need someone to simply say you are special .

Last year there were two women who needed some medical care and during the visit mentioned that they received one Christmas card between the two of them. The nurses got together and put a small gift bag of items together and delivered them. Unfortunely they did not have any adult quilts to give them. I would love to present this PCP office with extra quilts to use in situations like this. There are other stories and being a single quilter I can't meet the needs.

I have always seen the quilting community and know my personal friends to be gracious and giving to those in need. I ask that if you can give to someone you don't even know, please do so. Email me directly with the word BLOG in the message ( sometimes mail goes into spam) to help out, or simply send out a quilt.

Hugs, Grace
millgra2@aol.com
41 Terrace Ave
Stevens, Pa. 17578

No comments:

Post a Comment